• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oh WOW

zamboni

So Santa DID bring you a HDTV to watch the Vikings games more clearly so there is less confusion on Mondays. wink

Wow, might be the first time Santa brought what I asked. I must have been a good boy last year! blushwhistle You're welcome. smile

I went to Best Buy and they had a 37" LG LCD for $599. It was a 760 I think. I went around the corner and they had a Dynex 42" with 1080 for $699. I asked the salesmen about the reliability of the Dynex and he said they have been really pretty good so far, so that is the one I got. I talked to another salesgirl there and she was telling me the difference between the 760s and the 1080s and it was almost a no brainer to go bigger and full HD resolution for the extra $100.

Well, Pete- I just looked up my tv on that CNET, about 5 pros and no cons. 4 out of 5 stars favorable. Don't know what you're getting at, but seems like a good tv to me, and so far I can't complain.

Acutally, my only complaint so far is the fact I went to watch it yesterday morning and my 2 and a half year old son took an ink pen to the screen the night before when I was at a bar league playing poker. It all wiped right off. I don't think he knows how lucky he is.

HD is awesome. I did about 2 months of homework before purchasing my tv, i feel like i got a great tv for the best price out of the retailers that carried the brand. I wish my cable provider was a bit more up-to-date on the HD programming and equipment, but i get a great picture on the channels i do get! the difference is unbelieveable

When spending that much money on something the thought always creeps into your head "did i buy the right one, what if i waited another week will it go on sale" it'll drive a guy nuts