• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

windshield suggestions please

kdawg

Went out thursday morning and it wasn't long into the ride that I decided I'm going to get a taller windshield. My ride is an 04 polaris xc sp 600 with the stock windshield, which in my opinion is pretty low as it does not deflect any wind away from my head. Does anyone have a good lead on a nice, taller windshield that will make the rides a bit more comfy, especially in the lower temps. ? And, if I go to a taller windshield will it still fit inside my polaris travel cover?

some sled mag did a test, and found that the taller than stock windshiels actually made the sled faster. which makes sense, they have better aerodynamics than the low stock ones do. I have the same problem with my 08 F8, but its my hands that get cold, specifically my left index finger that hits the break lever. its the windsheild that doe's not protect the wind from my hands that are above the windsheild with the raised handlbars.

I found out that since I can adjust my handlebars very easy on my sled, to just pull them down and back, and this gives me more protection from wind, but limits me on standup riding.