• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Ride! 2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI- ? Warranty

Norsky

I know I have a 6 month warranty with this machine, but it is worth purchasing the extended warranty? I know they have very few problems. I can get a 5 year warranty for about $900. Kind of steep to me, but maybe worth it??? Oh, and yes, it is a sweet ride, just breaking it in now, much more powerful than my Honda Fourtrax which I'll probably sell now. I'm already impressed with the fuel injected engine, push button 4x4, locking front diff, etc. Anyway, what do you think about the extended warranty?

I thought the p.s. was overkill myself to, but for big tires,ruts, and plowing with the weight of the plow on the front end it would be a great thing to have. If it's one more thing to go wrong as stated earlier, your just back to normal steering anyhow. I've heard of no failures though.

I used to run 26" mud bugs, 10" wide on the front 12" on the rear. Now I am running 27"x12" Vampires that measure the same as most 28"s all the way around. For my type of ridding I like the 28"s, for most people 26"s would be better. Also for my type of riding I like the wide tires on the front too but most people dont like it, my wife wont even ride it because she says it steers too hard. I would recomend 26" or 27"x10"s on the front and 12"s on the rear for most "normal riding"

I had Kenda Bearclaws on my Vinson and they were great. They wore very well. Not a deep lug tire like some that are out there now, but they rode well.

I currently have AMS Swamp Fox tires in stock size on my Rincon. I say they're as good as the Bearclaws with a very similar tread design with the exception the AMS tires don't have the center lug like the BC's. The Swamp Fox does come in a deeper lug version also but I didn't want to go to a 26" tire to get them.