• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Option Winter/Summer

LODFFB

Bad morning. got stuck trying to get on to the lake. No plowed acess. But is a 4 wheeler with tracks and a V plow the best option. for clearing a spot for your fishhouse cleaning the driveway, I'm in town so its not that big a deal. Maybe clearing a acess enough to get off and on the lake. Then in the summer you have tires obviously to go muddin or play around. Will tracks on a 4 wheeler pull a 8 X 16 house? Early Ice.

It might do it. Dpending on the weight of the house and the depth of the snow.

Early ice you might be ok. The biggest concern I would have is the tongue weight of the trailer. There are ways around this. But I wouldn't load the hitch too heavily on your wheeler. Personally I'd say nothing over what the mfgr's recommend which is 35 lbs in most cases. More for a UTV.

There are ways around this too. My brother in law has a 2 wheel dollie that hooks onto the wheeler and takes up the entire load of the hitch. Don't remember what it's called.

I pull a 7x12 all over the lake with my grizzly with no chains when there is up to about 4" of snow so I would say a 8x16 would pull a little harder but with a set of chains you would be fine. A v-plow would be awsome but they are pretty hard to come by for an atv.

A v-plow would be awsome but they are pretty hard to come by for an atv.

And expensive.

The one I was looking at was power V adjust and would take you for 3 grand. Not exactly pocket change IMO. There isn't an ATV out there that could run a winch and 2 other electric motors to change the V configuration without draining the battery to the point of being inoperable.