• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minneapolis Boat Show Jan 21-25

bassNspear

Thanks guys. It was my mom's 61st birthday on Saturday when they bought the boat, so I think she put a little pressure on my dad to get it. wink He wanted to wait another year (with the economy and all), but mom stepped up and stood strong I think. laugh

My question/concern about their boat is this.....I found out that the boat (Lund 1750 Fisherman) has the Merc 115 4-stroke on it (not the Opti). Is this going to be enough motor to push this boat and get it up out of the hole in a reasonable amount of time? My concerns are hole shot and pushing a load (4 people, gear, full livewell, full gas tank, full cooler, etc).

A little off topic, but I'd appreciate some feedback.

I would think you s/b good. If any doubts, check the price difference to move up to something bigger.

You may need to play around with a different prop, depending how it is out of the hole. Mention that to the dealer and they can work with you on that issue.

Post photos of the boat when they get it!!!

Thanks guys. It was my mom's 61st birthday on Saturday when they bought the boat, so I think she put a little pressure on my dad to get it. wink He wanted to wait another year (with the economy and all), but mom stepped up and stood strong I think. laugh

My question/concern about their boat is this.....I found out that the boat (Lund 1750 Fisherman) has the Merc 115 4-stroke on it (not the Opti). Is this going to be enough motor to push this boat and get it up out of the hole in a reasonable amount of time? My concerns are hole shot and pushing a load (4 people, gear, full livewell, full gas tank, full cooler, etc).

A little off topic, but I'd appreciate some feedback.

I'd ask the dealer if they could try a few different props this spring even if they're happy with the performance.

BTW if you go to the Mercury HSOforum they have boat tests. One of them is a 115 4 stroke on a Lund 1700 Explorer. That should give you a ball park estimate on performance.

I think 115's are the most popular motors on that size boat, but a 135 would be a big jump in performance. Big jump in price too, and my guess is the performance won't be needed for a couple your folks' ages grin

I've been in similar boats with 4-stroke 115's. With 2 people and a full load the boat will work great. You'll notice it as you start to add a load to the boat, but like rodmaker said you can prop for better performance if needed.

A big key will be making sure they know how to drive it, ie how to use the throttle and the trim to maximize holeshot and get the best cruising, etc.

I bought a 2008 Tyee 1750 (same hull as Fisherman) w/115 Merc EFI last year and depending on what your expectations are the performance should be fine. With stock prop and 2 people and full gear in the boat I can get between 37-41mph GPS trimmed up depending on wind, chop, etc...for me that is plenty fast. For the wwater I generally fish (including Kab) anything 30+ works for me. Hole shot could be improved with a different prop as and I know I could squeez somome more top end out of it too with diff prop but I figure I'm not racing anyone so it's all cool. Bottom line is that 115 will push it fine but will not produce performance that will cause you to brag about your numbers.

That's excellent to hear smallie. With my folks just into their 60's, I think that's exactly the type of performance they'd be looking for. I just wasn't sure if the folks should have gone with an Opti or the 4-stroke. Sounds like the 4-stroke will be nice though. Quiet as well and low maintenance too.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

And oh yeah, the dealer had a pic of the boat on their site the other day, but they took it off now.

Eyepatrol

I have the exact same boat, Black is the color of mine, and I have probally been in the exact boat that your parents purchased. I live in the Shak. area.

Congrats.

Smallieobsession is correct on the performace, I took delivery of mine in Sept and was only able to get out twice with it. my personal perfomance #'s were top end 43-45 mph. with a some what slow hole shot. I am planning on putting a SS prop on mine this spring. From what I have gathered a 4 blade SS 15/17 pitch is the way to go with this rig. for improved hole shot and slow planning speed.

Previously owned a 04 Pro-Sport and loved it. Got this one on the water and fell in love all over again. Have a great summer with it.