• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye Photo Gallery

Team Otter

Had a two man trip on Erie the other day. Lines in the water at 8:30, and pulled our eighteenth fish at 11:30. Two fish at 9#, with the average between 6-7 pounds. All caught on harnesses in 50 FOW eighteen miles out.

IMG_1340.jpg

what did you do with those 4 fish?

I would imagine that they took them home, cleaned them, and either ate them or froze them.

Had another good day yesterday with a guy and his son from Minnesota. Limits by 1:30, with some very nice fish.

IMG_1345.jpg

those are some hogs. personaly i dont keep walleys that size even if i lived there. but you bought a license and can do what you want. lake erie is not like a smaller northern minnesota lake and an entirely different fisherie. thanks for the pictures. i'm sure the guys from minnesota will have some great memories. good luck.

You're in for a long day if you think you'll fill a limit of 18-20 inch fish on Erie.

The 'bigger' fish are actually quite tasty. Fillet them, zipper them, and you're in for some fine eating. The bigger, front shoulder peices I use for baking, and the smaller ones go in the fryer.

When I'm fun fishing, I usually don't keep anything over five pounds unless it's gut hooked, but when I'm guiding, I can't tell the customers what to keep.

I've made a few trips to Lake Erie and those are typical eaters. You are not going to go out on Erie and catch 14-18 inchers like we do on so many lakes here, it just doesn't work that way out there. Nice fish and fun to catch and well within the law so congrats to the guys who caught and kept them.

On our trips to Erie, we'd keep one or two fish for a fish fry while we were there, but we weren't bringing those big fish home. They just aren't as good after being frozen, at least not in our opinions.

It sure is different from what we're used to around here, and takes a while to get used to it!

GoBlue--that thing is a sweat hog! How big? Did you catch that thing in VA?

Trav--looks like you had a heck of a day! What was the biggest? Looks like Mille Lacs?

Always Mille Lacs grin. Didn't even throw them on a board, guessing 26"ish.

Here's a couple leadcore fish from myself and my buddy Chris today.

100_0123.jpg

100_0132.jpg