• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

? on Copperhill cleaning product

I was cleaning dust off my sensor and was just trying to blow the stuff out with my Giotto rocket and I had 2 specks that I could not get rid of and 1 was rather large so I pulled out my kit and thought I would try the brush first. This is the first time I have used the sensor cleaning part of the kit so the brush had never been out of the package and it put junk on my sensor so now I get to clean my sensor with the swabs on a stick but I was P.O. that there was something on the brush from the factory and it was supposed to be ready to use. I will now have to wash the brush out with baby shampoo and distilled water. I guess my question is do any of you use this brush and have you ever washed it before ? Did you have any problems with it or do you just charge it up and sweep ?

I have never used the brush or blower. I clean my sensors once a month whether they need it or not using the copperhill swabs, and if I see dust specks on my images between cleanings, I'll do it again.

I've never had any problems in any way with this method. For me, it's about simplicity as well as effectiveness, so this is much more simple than carrying around a variety of cleaning systems.