• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big Footed Downy

micpic

Mic, here's what my screen looks like in CS2 when I'm about to reduce size for Web display.

3164046967_ce4e5f1312_o.jpg

The horizontal pixel dimensions are highlighted in blue. Just type in 750 and hit OK. Note the boxes checked down at the bottom of the window, too. Not sure which program you're using, but if it's Elements it should look about the same as this.

You'll see I'm leaving dpi alone completely and allowing the short size of the photo automatically size itself to keep the proportions right when I type in 750 pixels across. Now, if it were a vertical photo, I'd highlight the next box down from the one currently highlighted and type in 750 pixels.

3167576753_b255e1712b_o.jpg

Steve, I think I did it the way you told me. I'm just using DPP for editing until I get a new copy of Adobe.

Mic

Oh, by the way Jason, sorry about calling you Jim. Getting on this site is like I moved to a new home.

Ya Steve, I seen those too. Can those be touched up in DPP. I thought you needed Adobe or something else to edit that. I hate to even think about noise and halo's. That's going to take some time.

Mic

DPP is a RAW converter, you can only make changes to your exposures, colors, sharpness that type of thing. It has no tools for fixing spots, cloning or other editing. The program was not designed as a one-stop all in one program. Elements, Photoshop, those types of programs can do everything from the RAW conversion to editing.

DPP is a RAW converter, you can only make changes to your exposures, colors, sharpness that type of thing. It has no tools for fixing spots, cloning or other editing. The program was not designed as a one-stop all in one program. Elements, Photoshop, those types of programs can do everything from the RAW conversion to editing.

I think DPP has the dust delete data?

Micpic you did have the name correct but it can become confusing with Jonny ,Jay and Jim all on this forum and all talking about birds buts that OK grin You will need to get some software or a cleaning kit to get rid of the dust bunnies. If you go to Copperhills HSOforum they have a pretty good tutorial on how to clean your sensor-skip the brush.