• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ND was filled with "potholes" that grew into fisheries ... full of jumbo perch. Many are dead, but some still exist across SE ND.

Typically a NDen cannot keep it a secret for long ... or what he thought was his friend could not keep the secret and the pond gets pounded.

Most of these ponds do not have an official name.

Ok, I will let out a little secret about perch. I hope those of you in SE ND don't hunt me down and yank my keyboard off my computer but here goes. (I hate it when people are afraid to help) Horshoe Lake. It is West of Hankison and a few miles south of HWY 11. There are also some sloughs that are east of Lidgerwood on on the south side of highway 11 full of perch and some pike. they are very deep. 8-20' in some places. The perch have been going like gang busters around there the last few years. You just have a park on the gravel roads off the highway and walk out about 20 feet and drill your self some holes. Horshoe is a few miles off HWY 11 and you will have to find it yourself, I gave you the name to get you started. Fish on the south side of the island. YOu will see the groups. PS Look for the white school house and turn south.