• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how to hold up decoy in portable help im new

mrpike1973

hi i have a old mankato house no poles in it to just tie a line to. i bought 2 clamps and clamp them to the seams in the inside of the house then i ran a wooden dowel threw the clamps i put pegs in it like a old jiggle stick. for safety i run a line hooked to the center of the fish house so i dont lose it it has a hook there will this work or do you have other ideas any help would be great

I use a reel in mine.

I have 2 other Mankatos that i dont use much anymore that i do the same thing with as well.

Drill a hole threw the floor on the top part of the hole. Place a bolt through it, and tight it tight! Take a reel that you dont use ne more in the summer or whatever you have laying around, place it on a bracket, and crew that bracket down to the bolt that you placed through the floor.

This way if you happen to have the drag set right on the reel, you should have a better chance of not losing all your stuff! Sometimes it just dont matter becuase they come in so fast.

Use a big magnet on the outside of the canvas and a metal bar with a eyelet or hook on the inside to tie the decoy line on. Thats what I use on my Clam Base Camp portable and it works great plus you can move it anywhere you want.