• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Well, things are heating up quick here, ice fishing speaking, on the pond in my backyard... Great to have these cold temps so early, as usually, it takes a lot longer to get a good solid freeze over this water. The entire Chequamegon Bay is now frozen solid, and we have been marching farther and farther each and everyday on new fishing holes in search of trout and salmon, walleyes,smallmouth bass, whitefish, perch, and pike. Even farther north, into the Apostle Islands area, we are seeing ice formation earlier then usual. This ice makes it look promising for an early start at our fantastic Lake Trout fishery through the ice.

Fishing wise, things have been nothing sort of fun and exciting, with some big fish being hooked and landed on our recent trips.. You just never know what you'll hook into next out here!!!

121808mediumwebviewok0.jpg

121808mediumwebviewbh4.jpg

fishingmarch046bq8.jpg

I was off bono on saturday before that snow came and we did really well!! We caught 5 splake the average was 20!! I had a friend try the s-curve yesterday and said there was between 1 and 2 inches?? So they went back to bono until 11am nothing and moved to the coal docks and ended up with one splake 22. I am comn back tuesday and wednesday i have a large majority of my family lives there. We have land on the white river. Just wanted to get some advise from u where to try next week?? Thanks and nice fish!!!

thinking of heading over that way tomorrow anybody got any reports suggestions would appreciate it and will let ta know how it went. anybodyelse going out tomorrow maybe we could meet up. planon hitting the bay quite a bit this year. off of work for awhile and lovin it.

Been busy lately.. Sorry I havent responded earlier.

Fishing has been sporadic again this past week.. Rising and falling barometer, day after day.. just plain stinks.. But, still some fish being caught..

Bono is still putting out some fish in 15 to 26 FOW, near the lighthouse in 26 to 30 FOW, and off the coal dock in Washburn in 20 out to 40 FOW.. Thats all I will mention, due to other areas having questionable ice right now.

Good luck.