• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where they at?

Twins 57 Fan

Are walleyes still in shallow where they were before the ice came? All the reports I read at the end of the open water season said to fish in shallow.

Just wondering if they stay shallow and feed for a while, or if they make their way out to the depths?

Yeah I fish a beach for eyes in 3' to 5' feet this early in the hardwater season. They cruise in the evenings after the pannies stop biting. Stick it out til early January then proceed to go to the deeper ranges. Usually a correlation with thickness. When I can drive on the ice I generally move out more.

At early ice the walleyes are still relating to the shallow structures they were feeding on in late fall. The first major break, at the top or the bottom, or the flat, or the first off-shore structure especially if it is close to shore.