• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

kids ice fishing get together?

I'm just kicking around some ideas for a kids ice fishing get together. Who would be interested? I'm thinking Lake Nebagamon, St. Croix lake or Gordon Flowage. Unless someone has good pannie lake somewhere that would keep the youngsters busy. Maybe grill if the weathers good. Could always raid Northlanders garage and give away some prizes to the kids smile.

If theres enough interest we will kick around some dates. You wouldn't have to bring a kid to attend. smile

Randy

I am down for this... Anything to help out the kids.. Also, we should try to see if you have kids, and they already fish, they should bring a friend or friends who have never fished before...

Let me know when you want to do this, and I could see about getting some small prizes and such for the kids.

I have availability for a big grill and a trailer to bring the stuff out.

Oh and by the way. "the spot" produced 6 eyes and 15 crappies for the guys last night. can't wait for the weekend!!! The eyes were all 16 - 19 inchers.

Jar Jar

Jim and John, that would be great! We need to find some kids smile

What month would be a good time to try this?

John, we should hit that spot again this weekend in the evening. I can't fish all day Sat. so I'm not going to make it to the Fish Lake meet.

Jim, I'll give you a call soon. Thinking about upgrading my vex, so i got a couple of questions for ya.

Hey guys have you heard about this contest, I went the last two years, great contest to bring kids:

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The Somerset Youth Athletic Association partners with

Ice Team for their 5th annual contest

Somerset, WI Dec. 12th 2008 – For the Somerset Youth Athletics Association and Ice Team it’s all about the kids. Five years ago this small community was faced with marked declines in not only the numbers of youth participating in outdoor activities, but extremely high equipment costs and continually escalating fees charged to participate in local team sports, out of this came the creation of the Somerset Youth Athletics Association (SYAA) and the idea to hold an ice fishing contest. The contest, now in it’s 5th year, gives young and old, beginners and seasoned anglers alike, the opportunity to enjoy a day in the great outdoors, competing for incredible prizes and 100% of the proceeds are donated to benefit youth sports. This all volunteer contest is really unique in that it has a special division just for youth 15 and under. Over the years the contest has grown to attract participants from as far away as Chicago, Illinois and International Falls, Minnesota.

For 2009 the contest has attracted the attention of Ice Team, undoubtedly the most recognized name in modern ice fishing. Ice Team has pioneered a program visiting schools across the country offering programs on the sport of ice fishing. Mike Smith, director of field promotions for Ice Team, was very impressed with the contest’s ability to draw new people into the sport, so impressed that Ice Team has become a major sponsor of the event. “We will be sending many of our Pros to the contest, their main responsibility will be to offer tips and strategies to improve your time spent on the ice and offer assistance to those who need it”. Along with Ice Team, the top national names in ice fishing equipment, Clam, Strikemaster, Ice Armor, Vexilar, MarCum, Wilcraft and more will be there.

Dave Prashak, contest spokesperson, is very proud of the fact that getting people to participate and enjoy the contest and ice fishing in general has become just as important as the funds that are raised for the community. “It can’t just be about raising money”, says Prashak. “We try to be good stewards of the environment ensuring that the lake is in better shape when we leave than when we arrived there”. All fish are caught, registered and released quickly to help insure their survival, this year with the help of the organization, Recycled Fish, we will be creating a special “recovery canal” where the released fish have a chance to recover before swimming back under the ice. After last years contest the SYAA went even further donating $1000.00 toward restocking efforts for the lake.

This year’s contest on Bass Lake in Somerset, WI scheduled for February 21st promises to be bigger and better than ever with well over $50,000 in prizes to be awarded. This years grand prize will be a new 4x4 Dodge extended cab pick-up with a MSRP of over $27,500. Mike Kurre of Kfan radio will again be our emcee and master of ceremonies. This is truly a family friendly event offering fun for all ages. Whether you’re a beginner or seasoned ice fishing veteran you’re guaranteed a good time on the ice and you’re participation benefits a worthy cause. To learn more about the contest or SYAA please visit www.basslakecontest.com.