• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleyes in the morning?

fishandshroom

It seems to me Walleyes only bite at sunset. I know on bigger lakes they can bite all day. I my area Ottertail county I have rarely caught Eyes other than sunset. So my question is do you fish them at sunrise and how thanks.

I know on Ottertail lake they can bite all day but thats about 40 mins from my house.

just a guess here but my bet is that they bite for an hour or so and they are gone and you are on or near a break to deep water?Sounds like you are in my spot.You are in a transition spot which is my fav.If they are there at sundown they will be there at 6:30 - 6:45 in the am.for an hour as well.Figure out what is to the left and right and your all day bite is very close.When you caught the last keeper put down the largest shiner you can find on a plain hook an sit er out for an hour!Watch your vex as the bite comes to an end and you should see the screen mark lots of bait fish.I love when you can fish for two hour of primetime a day.

In the mornings I typically fish shallower for the simple fact that fish move up at sunset to chase bait all night up shallow. Then in the mornings they move back out or go into suspended mode! If your in a transition they will be there in the mornings too. Then towards late morning move off the break and look for those suspended fish, those are usually the big ones! Good luck.