• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Underwater camara question

BrianLucky13

I just purchased a Aqua View Scout XL-50. Im thinking the dimmer switch on it doesnt work. Are the LED lights on the actual camara suppose to turn on when you turn the switch all the way up???? I couldnt see more the a foot after dark and no lights turned on!!

Thanks

Take your camera into a dark room, turn it on and play with the lights to learn how to use them. Infrared lights are invisible. I don't think any camera with infrared lights will see very far after dark. Mine gets so grainy that I put it away after dark.

I can not see very far at night with or without lights. I feel the lights make no difference. I also put mine away at night as well. The only way to see the lights on during the day for me is to look at them at an angle because you can barely see them even turned all the way up. Have fun with it though during the day. They are are a treat when you can see what is happening down there.

Oh, OK!!! That helps a lot. I thought something was wrong. I thought I would be able to see a little better in the dark. They are awesome during the day. I was dropping a jig and a minnow off the nose of a bass and he didnt like it so he attacked the camara. It was pretty cool!!!!

Thanks guys!!

As others have stated, take your camera in a dark room and you'll learn a lot. With a Marcum 820, with IR lights on high, I can see 10 feet across the room (I measured). On low power level, about a foot and a half. You will not see the IR lights beaming across the room like you would LED lighting.

I think you have heard the common theme here, I would agree with it. I put mine away at sunset also. I sometimes think the lights are just there to catch the fisherman to buy the camera. I only have experience with the Marcum’s but they can be a great tool no matter the make.