• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where to shoot rifle?

I'm new to MN and looking for a place to target shoot my rifle.

Where can I shoot somewhere that's a reasonable drive from the southern burbs of the Twin Cities? I'm not looking for a gun club/public shooting range.

Back in WA, we drive up into the woods and do our thing. I'm not sure about all the rules in MN.

Thanks

Private land or a range is about it. It is illegal to target/trap shoot on most public land.

Also, Starting Monday (the 5th day before the firearms deer season opens) it is illegal to target shoot on private land as well.

caribou hunt club in Le Suere is about your best bet for target shooting in the south metro if you are southwest, I know there are a few others. Check out the MN DNR HSOforum, they have all public shooting ranges listed there. Most are private clubs some are public but with restricted hours

where in the south metro are you? I would suggest the DNR HSOforum I know they list them and there is one in Rosemount as well. I used Bills Gun Shop in Robbinsdale and was pleasently surprised with the facility

So do these ranges provide you a rifle rest, bench, spotting scope, or do you have to bring all your own gear? I only have one rifle, so I really don't want to buy all the extra gear for just one gun.

jbell, What???....you can't set up a target on your own land??? What is the rationale behind that?

Correct, for the 5 days before you can not target shoot your rifle unless on a authorized range.

See page 24 of the hunting regulations book. "Possesion of firearms before, during and after the firearms deer season".