• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Licensing a wheel house .....

Insp Gadget

So hogeye - To pay tax like 6.5% - so if you bought your shack for $6,000 - you'd owe about $400???

That is correct! I got the shock of paying about $500 in tax when I bought mine. B.S. is what it is...and on top of it now you have to have the thing set up like a commercial trailer with plates and lighting...sigh.

it is what it is, a trailer being used on the public highways.

As far as the license plate goes anyway which is minimal cost.

The lighting is for everyones safety while being pulled down the public highways.

However i dont necessarily agree with back tracking the sales tax on a private purchase, but they'll getcha with a tax or a fee one way or another. grin

So those that went through the effort to get their houses lisensed .... Did you have to have an inspection on your house? I was at the DMV and was filling out misc forms for my fish house and then she said I would have to have an inspector look at it, that is when I walked out.

I cant imagine having the inside inspected...thats nuts.

Maybe they were confused and thought of it as a commercial trailer and wanted to make sure it was legal? I have never heard of an inspection required for non commercial use...only regular DOT inspections for commercial use trailers. They involve proper tire tread, making sure breaks work, checking the break away release and all lights on trailer.

Go to a different DMV location next time and try again. On the other hand if they are offering the inspection for free, then give it a whirl.