• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

X67c Ice Machine question ?

jrsue

Last fall I bought a marcum lx3 and was very satisfied with it. Problem is my wife liked it so well she wants one to.

So this winter for a second unit, how about some opinions from anyone who had a chance to use the x67c ice machine last winter . From what I've seen I think it would offer a nice alternative to the lx3 flasher.

has anyone had a chance to actually compare the ice machine with a vex or a LX3? The thing I like about an lcd graph is being able to see the history as well as real time.

I thought the x67c had trouble with the interference from nearby flashers. I can't remember. Anyway, you might want to check out the post 'Marcum Lx3 Flasher' in the "Used gear for sale" forum. It looks like Catch'n has a Lx3 for sale. Even though I already have an Lx3, for the price he is asking I really thought about getting another. Good luck!
YHD

[This message has been edited by Ya Hey Der (edited 08-04-2004).]

I purchased the X68C, the one with the GPS built in. I haven't used it in the winter yet, only the summer. I had to purchase a second transducer fro the boat. The thing I really like is I can put it on the 4 wheeler and or the dash board of the truck and use it as a GPS. Then I hook it back up for the boat. Nice unit.
Dan

I have a X67C and love it. I bought it last year before a trip to Devils Lake and it is incredible. I was not a flasher guy but thought it was an important tool and was som impressesd at how accurately it showed my bait, bait fish and game fish that I now use my on board in flasher mode in most summer situations as well. Additionally, I mounted my ice machine next to my bow mount during this summer and love the versatility. Battery seems to go forever. Great buy for the money and tremendous versatility.

I've fished with it next to the Vex and LX3 and didn't have a problem.I think all 3 units are compatible.If you do end up with interference there is a setting you can adjust in the main menu.I bought mine because you can use it both for winter and summer.

There was some discussion that the lcd would freeze up,but I never had a problem.

Lance

If youve used the x67 and the marcum how do they compare as far as detail and being able to distinguish when a fish is near your bait. For ice fishing with the x67,
which was better flasher mode or graph?

I have the lx3 and love it. I personally think it gives a cleaner image of whats bellow than the vex 18. I've fished the two flashers side by side ,The vex is a great flasher but If I was buying I'd have to give the marcum a slight edge.

you might want to check, but i am pretty sure the lowarance has by far the best target seperation.

as far as the screen options of the x67 it has three different flasher modes, and like 10 or 11 graph modes i think...to many to think of off hand. one of the neat flasher modes is called night mode and i think it is real cool. it is almost like reverse gray scale but not grayscale colors.

go to the lowrance web site and down load the x67 emulator. that will let you fiddle with all the options. i haven't tried mine (m68c) on the ice yet but i have been using it all summer and really like it. imo, they are a cut above the rest. i did have some issues with interference with my vex this summer while fishing for lake trout, in 160 feet of water. however i am confident that won't be an issue this winter if fishing close to my other unit. there are options in the low's menu you can change that will fix it.

instead of buying the ice machine combo, you could do what i did. i bought the regular unit, bought the ice ducer seperate ($80). i mounted the head unit on a micro ram mount, that sits atop a genz box, and one in my boat, real sweet. that way to switch from the fish/duck boat to the ice box i just loosen the ram and go, not to mention the ease in which i can position the screen how i like. if you got any more questions, just post.

[This message has been edited by joshb (edited 09-29-2004).]

I had the opportunity to tinker with one last season.A client of mine bought one and brought it along one day.He was having some difficulty with it that day.It was not reading the bottom correctly.I tinkered with it a bit and could get it to work either.It seemed a bit complicated to me.Later in the season after having read the manual completly my client had it working fine.
I also fished along side mrclean last season with his unit.
They seem like decent units.
I am however going to stick with Marcum and will probably get another one for this season.So far its the best unit I have used.

I used a last X67c last year about a foot or so next to a Vex and I was getting a lot of interference. I didn't think to waste my time tinker with the settings so I just moved it away from the Vex about 2-3 inches and it worked fine again.

Tested it the X67c at Bald Eagle with a Vex and it seemed to be pretty accutate.

Personally I have never used a Flasher and don't know how to read one but I like the Graph on the X67c.

I was able to see my bait and the fish moving up to grab it.

I couldn't really tell but the timing of the fish taking the bite didn't seem like there was too long of a delay.

[This message has been edited by Mongro02 (edited 10-01-2004).]