• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

An end to chewed up canvas???

McGurk

I use oil of peppermint on some cotton balls. It seems to work haven't had any mice problems for years. Don't use the extract use the natural oil of peppermint. It can be bought in any natural food store.

First? Make sure to also waterproof it first mice don't like this, and it keeps it from drying out. Camp Dry is a good choice.
Regular scent Bounce sheets work ok another is the electronic rodent repellers. OK some say these don't work, but I had major mice probs and my neighbor recommended them. I have not had a mouse in the house or shed so far.
Don't keep food including dog and cat food out it attracts them. A large trash can with the locking lid is good and it can be hung from the handles to get it out of the way, put some cedar in to help with moisture and makes it smell real nice there is also enough room if packed right smile.gif for your tackle box poles Carhartts etc.

------------------
Hey! My name isn't in the Obituary. Whoo hooo lets go fishing!
todaystackle.com

My father in law used the fabric softener sheets, not sure what brand, and it was used for bedding and was torn to shreds. I'd hate to make their stay even MORE comfortable LOL. I like the p.mint idea though. Thanks for all the help!

Treat the canvas first, then if it is removable take it off of the frame and store it in a galvanized garbage can with the cover on. Keep the can in a cool dry spot in the garage or shed.
I have a ceiling in my garage and I made a hanging rack under the ceiling in the center of the room and just slide my otter sleds and houses into the racks. The mice and squirrels have not bothered them there for 2 years now and unless they learn to walk upside down on the ceiling won't be able to get to them!
Cliff

------------------
Cliff's Guide Service
CliffsGuideService-LakeVermilion.com
Lake Vermilion
Phone: (218) 753-2005

McGurk
From what friends have said, only use "Bounce regular scent" This is the only one that seems to have an effect. DO NOT buy generic or other brands it's a wrong time to save a dollar grin.gif

------------------
Hey! My name isn't in the Obituary. Whoo hooo lets go fishing!
todaystackle.com