• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Osakis Women's Get Together ReCap!!

Glennda.....I managed to fall on a whole of panfish....dropped my line in and had a bite almost immediately each time. Using the same set up I caught walleye and a Northern too. There were a number of male dominated boats that were following us. 3 of us had a dinner of fried fish on Sunday night, and sent some home too.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

be careful of...

Originally Posted By: glenn57
or do you need a male guide? whistlewhistlewhistlegrin

these ladies may have to show you up grinwink

Not the way I was fishing. laugh I was 3 feet away from Teresa using the same pink flu flu and got nada! Of course I did get the biggest rock bass sick

Oh forgot to mention, I won't be giving lessons on driving a boat up to the dock. With the wind last Sunday I couldn't get the boat onto a lift and hit the dock several times. But I can back a boat into the water pretty darn good.....right Patti?

Yes Barb, you can back a trailer in. Unfortunately it was still off. Dad lifted it on a jack to straighten it out. We had the same problem this last weekend...but there were more of us to straighten it out before we left Lake Ida.

Hey Hope! Guess what? The reason the bow light didn't work that night? Dad took the bulb out because it was blown and he didn't tell me. He also said the depth finder was completely charged...and it wasn't. Guess I learned alot that weekend...besides what I learned up there. Like check things myself before I leave home...not just rely on what my dad does or doesn't tell me.

Another thing? The reason my trolling motor wasn't taking us anywhere? Somewhere between the morning and the evening both blades of my prop got broken off.

Zena and Zip were so scared and sicky that they spent the weekend in their kennel under the pop up, since the kennel did not fit through the pop-up door. They were very quiet, but when they heard Hope and Barb,they cried for some loving. They were stinky messes. They are much better now....feeling better and smelling better too. They are still a little scared though.

Patti...I wonder how those blades snapped, you'd think it would have made quite a thud!

There were a few big sunnies that we kept...and a couple perch. They made for good eating....I thought I'd try a new way of fileting the Northern, but I'm thinking he may have been on the small side. We still picked bones!

The corn on the fire was really the hit of the night (right up there with the ribs).

I don't know...other than its a plastic part. My uncle had a spare one in the box. For all I know it was the battery run down Sat. night and the blades didn't break until we were loading it onto the trailer Sat. night at 10p.

Gary - Richfield? My parents live in West Richfield over by Penn Ave. I graduated from RHS.

Glenn - I don't clean fish..its the only thing I don't do because I don't eat 'em. I could play catch/release all day.

Old saying = You catch 'em, You clean 'em

Patti's version = You eat 'em, You clean 'em