• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

sting-ray auger

pulsar_nx

pulsar,

I'm sure the Sting Ray would be an adequate auger. And, for the price, it might be a really great auger. Eskimo makes high quality gear, so I don't think you would be doing yourself wrong from that standpoint.

However, I would consider finding an extra $50 to purchase the Baracuda. You're getting more horsepower plus dual blades. I also don't think you're adding much weight to the equation. All worth considering, in my opinion.

------------------
Ray Esboldt
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Pulsar,
Do you know WHAT brand of engine is on the StingRay? It doesn't say on their webpage. Parts or service on an "odd" brand might be something you want to consider. I can tell you from experience that 1.2 hp is not a lot of torque. I agree with Ray, pay the extra $50 and get the Barracuda.
Richard