• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jiffy Ice Augers

iffwalleyes

IF YOU THINK THE JIFFYS ARE CHEAPLY MADE YOU REALLY REALLY ARE GOING TO LIKE THE CHEAP QUALITY OF THE STRIKEMASTER. PLASTIC HANDLES OH YA I KNOW IT IS SOME KIND OF COMPOSITE, CABLE FOR THE THROTTLE. THAT IS WHY I HAVE SEEN HANDLES BROKE ON DISPLAY MODELS IN THE STORE. STICK TO THE JIFFYS AND THEY WON'T LET YOU DOWN. IT WON'T BE WELDED IT WILL BE FIXED RIGHT.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

As for your broken Jiffy? take it back to the dealer and if they can't help you get your money back and get a StrikeMaster. grin.gif
I have had my StrikeMaster fall over a few times even on the pavement, and it hasnt even scratched the composite handles. StrikeMaster Laser Mag Xpress was voted the fastest cutting auger in the stock 2h.p. class in 03. I think I would trust a composite material that was tested for the cold rather than white metal or aluminum any day. My Xpress has been trouble free from the first start.
Jiffy makes a good auger but don't cut down the StrikeMaster's..

iffwalleyes? If you don't mind my asking? What store had a broken auger on display? I can't imagine that would be too good of representation of the StrikeMaster products.

------------------
en kala
(I fish)

[This message has been edited by frozenminnow (edited 01-14-2004).]

[This message has been edited by frozenminnow (edited 01-14-2004).]

Had a new Jiffy auger for two weeks and guess what, BROKE! The "metal" part where the throttle connects snapped. I love it when you have phone numbers on websites and on your manuals and warranty information to call and get nothing but automated messages. Anyone have a number where I can talk to a REAL person? Brought the auger in where I was told to but if they end up welding or anything else other than complete new parts I'm going to need someone to talk to. $330 for an auger and their parts are cheap enough to snap. Gotta love it. Where's the nearest strike master dealer???!!!