• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My interesting vacation

I had a brand new paring knife and was cutting veggies while holding them in my hand. Knife slipped cut threw the side of my hand. I had to throw away that bunch.

Man, I'm a trainwreck so don't even know where to start. My wife calls me the tool man shocked and I always tell my doc it's a good thing they switched to electronic charts or he'd have get some bigger arms to carry mine as it was already 6" think after going to him for four years and growing. grin

I'll start with the most recent.

Three weeks ago I was changing the tail lights on my boat. Nothing that SHOULD injure you, but we are talking about me. One of the bolts was rusted on and was cutting it with a sawsal. Now I usually cut down and step back when doing so but I was in a hurring so cutting straight at me. It came through the bolt and right into my thigh. Went in about 3/4" and about an 1 1/2" long. mad Put pressure on it right away but blood shot out my fingers about 6" straight out. Limped to the driveway and was lightheaded so called my wife. She was 20 minutes away. By this time I had a big pool of blood under me sick and was about to pass out. She told me to call 911. So did, ride to the hospital and stitches (last of which was in an area that wasn't numb mad). Fine now, but was scary with all the blood.

Others, cutting salami for my kid I always cut my fingers.

Oh yea, went to light the fire in my pit outside on the 4th, couldn't get it so I put a little gas on it. Well it was more than a little. It shot a huge fireball out at me. Singed my right arm, both legs & gotie. laugh I look like a side show crazy.

Beats mine too but it is worth telling. Before we sold our house I was installing the panels in a suspended ceiling. Went to get off the stepstool, stepped on a scrap of wood fell backwards on my keester on a concrete floor, bash my head on the woodwork. I am sitting on the floor holding my head with the blood gushing out and my poor hubby came down the stairs, freaked out at the sight of the blood and almost passed out. A couple of days later I found out I had also broken my tailbone. I don't ever want to do that again, hurts like he........................!

Too many stories... but I'll just sum it up... 35+ scars from head to toe... 35+ is cuz I lost count after the 35th scar... but I pride that I only had 4 out of 35 stitched up... rest was just Mom or Gramma taping me back up and sending me back outside... mind you, they're two wonderful persons I'll ever have in my life!

Lets see... bandsaw accident that almost severed my index finger when I was 13, razorblade accident that caused my thumb to have limited flexibility, matching scar on L and R index fingers from using a grinder without a guard, and a brand new circular scar on my left hand palm thanks to a television blowing up... now thats a whole other story!!!

But the stupidest idiotic one... I was about 10 years old... saw a dead bird at the family cabin... thought of burying it... so grabbed a shovel... and I wasnt wearing shoes... y'all know where thats going now, dont ya??? Yep I have this inch long scar on my big toe thanks to the shovel... all I remember was driving the shovel towards the ground and I felt this CLANG reverbrate thru the handle... looked down... oh dang... got my toe... odd thing was that it didnt bleed much...

sooo, what are all you people trying to tell me? if i went fishing with any of yous i would be risking taking my life in my own hands or what? looks to me like a dangerous group. hehehe.

My latest was soooo stupid.....so stupid it's not even fit for a blonde.

I needed to change the oil in my vehicle so I went to the hdwr store to get what I needed.

Got home and crawled under my vehicle to do the job. The plug on the pan was kind of rounded off and I couldn't grab the wrench right with my left hand. I rolled over to grab it with my right and litterally got stuck under the exhaust. Well duh.....It was still hot as H..., I burned a huge patch of skin on my arm right down to the meat. It healed nicely but it no longer grows hair or will take a tan.

My latest was soooo stupid.....so stupid it's not even fit for a blonde.

I needed to change the oil in my vehicle so I went to the hdwr store to get what I needed.

Got home and crawled under my vehicle to do the job. The plug on the pan was kind of rounded off and I couldn't grab the wrench right with my left hand. I rolled over to grab it with my right and litterally got stuck under the exhaust. Well duh.....It was still hot as H..., I burned a huge patch of skin on my arm right down to the meat. It healed nicely but it no longer grows hair or will take a tan.

Hey Karen, the fact that you change your own oil is really cool. I don't do that at all. Sucks to burn on those hot mufflers.

When you gonna get out fishing?

I'm just touched Rebel that you saw fit to bury the bird....it did get buried right? lol

Yes... it did... after Gramma bandaged up my big toe... and after struggling into my shoes... did it finally get buried... LOL

my wife and her family says I not allowed near sharp objects. I sliced my thumb open with a hunting knife trying to help a friend set up a tv and ended going to the ER. I am not allowed to drive 50cc motor cycles.(imagine a 250lbs person on a bike like that)especially when I almost ran my mother inlaw over with it. Oh and the on going joke is where ever we go we make sure we know where the hospital is. There is a bunch of other stupid stuff that I have done over the years

It's nice to be reminded that we really are the same creature.

Shane, I don't know about the fishing. You know the situation and it's not getting easier. I really would like to get out and one of these weeks I will.

Fishing on Red this winter we were awakened by the rattle reel and in a blur pulled up 4 lines all tangled and a little walleye that had really swallowed a trebel hook. I know...never use a trebel hook on a rattle reel...and well, now we know why. We ended up loading up in the truck and making the drive to Bemidji to correct our faux pas. they have a tackle box there...called the tackle box....open it up and there's tools of all shape and size used for the specific purpose of unlodging a hook. a TACKLE BOX ....we got back in time for the morning run though, so all's well that ends well.

Just found out that due to the economy, and my son-in-law not finding any home repair work, they aren't going to make it up this summer.. Grandma is really bummed, and Grandpa is not too happy about it either. The grandkids seem to grow up faster than my own. frownfrownsmilesmile