• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gravel Roads and Rock Dings

prewar70

If you have to trailer down gravel, what is the best way to keep the rocks off your boat? Is there something out there that keeps the rocks from flying off your tires and into the hull or something that protects the boat? Thanks for your help.

Big mud flaps mounted to your hitch and they make some screens that you can mount on the tongue of your trailer. I cant remember the name but they are made in Canada. Do a google search and you should find it. If I find the name Ill post it here.

I found them and they are called Bow Buddy. Come in many colors and are light and come on and off the trailer very easily. Im in the process of buying a used one.

Only drawback is there are no dealers locally that I found.

I'm sure if a person went where they make boat covers they would be more tha happy to make a vesion of the Bow Buddy

Oh and thankyou for the name of what I was talking about "Northlander". I'm horrible at things like names.

Ive got the Rock Solids and like em. I've got a friend, who in addition to the Tow-Tectors, wraps his trailer frame with packing wrap when he goes into Canada and runs on gravel for a long distance.

Mud flaps or rock guards on the rear of the tow vehicle will work but the best guards are deflectors that attach to the trailer itself.They are about three quarters of the boat length long and work alot better than flaps and rear rock guards.This plastic(some just use plywood)gaurd basically looks like the shape of a boat hull cut in half mounted to the trailer.Hope this helps.c63Google Rocknockers (I think you'll like these babies!!!!)c63Happy trailering!