• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tires For Tow Vehicle

Hi,

I need to replace the tires on my tow vehicle, a 15 passenger 1 ton van. They are load range E tires, size LT245-75-16.

Sure could use some input from everyone.

I have Michelins on it, but with tire prices as they are I really don't want to pay for the name.

Sure they cost a little more, but I have never had a problem with a Michelin tire, ever. They take a minimal amount of weight to balance, don't thump or go out of round and they wear like iron. I will never buy another brand. In my opinion you aren't paying for a name they really are a quality product.

I take the advice of a friend manager of tire wharehouse who sold it all - Put shiny names on shiny trucks you want to look nice, but if you don't care about names there are very good off brands as well. I have had great luck with Hercules Terra Trak (not sure if they are still made, but they kicked but over my Goodyear Wranglers and BFG's) and really great luck with Kumho Ventures. I currently have Wild Country XTX by Multi-Mile and so far so good (LT265-75-16 load D). The price was very good. Another buddy used to put the load E Kumhos on his Powerstroke 1-ton and he used the truck to tow a fence pounding tractor and material, and he really liked them for traction and longevity. I know they have that brand/model at the discount stores.

Everybody has their favorites. Good luck with your choice.