• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A great way to greet the day!

With my new 100-400 L series lens, I slipped out the door this morning at 4:00 am headed for the south west shores of Lake Winnipeg. It's only a 20 min. drive from our home and I was hoping to capture a few sunrise photo's or two. As it turned out, I wasn't to be disappointed! I spent 1-1/2 hours walking along the lake shore and these are just some of the results.

262_6271-1.jpg

262_6277-1.jpg

This is how it all began. The small dots on the distant horizon are actually pelicans.

262_6289-1.jpg

A multitude of birds were beginning to start their day off including the pelcans who are very abundant in the region.

262_6298-2.jpg

263_6342-2-1.jpg

NO, this is not the dorsal fin of a skark, in fact, its actually a common carp surfacing...I had no idea that I had captured it until after I downloaded the pic's!

263_6387-1.jpg

263_6383-1.jpg

263_6342-1.jpg

This appears to be a black capped turn, it's definately not a gull...

263_6340-1.jpg

Last one...

264_6414-1.jpg

Very nice. I agree about the second sunrise shot, also love the last one.

Beautiful morning. I hate to get up early, but love to be up to see this kind of show.