• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

transducer???

jhol

Anyone ever break the trandsucer of their boat in rough water??? I did yesterday on Mille Lacs and it wasn't even that rough. Am I the only one this has happened to?

I had mine break on me once for no reason. A floating log or something could have taken it out. But dont think I hit anything since I was going real slow on a shallow lake on a calm day that I had never been on. I epoxied mine back together and it held for a few trips before my boat was totalled.

I agree with everyone I think something must have been floating in the water. When we got to the spot my depthfinder did not work my brother looked there was nothing but a wire tail and a bracket. Really odd I thought.

This doesn't count but I took one out when I launched the boat too shallow and it sheared off on the concrete ties on the landing. It took me awhile to figure out why I wasn't getting a signal when I got out on the water. The worst part is that there were witnesses. blush

It is a three year old hummingbird. I cant believe that the casting was old maybe defective. Either way this week I will have to make a trip and get a new transducer.