• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How are your Food Plots doing?

So far so good here. Everything is up (corn, rapeseed, alfalfa) and the rains are helping. A big part of the fun of food plots for me is when everything is first emerging. So cool to see all those sprouts. I hope yours are doing good!

I've got some RR soybeans that are coming up. They are coming in a pretty thin, so I am starting to think up a back up plan if they don't get much thicker. Clover trails that were put in last year look great.

Here is a pic of a tiny clover plot from last weekend. The plot is a couple of years old. It sits at the edge of a swamp and only gets nibbled on a little when the ag fields are up. But once the farmers fields are plowed the deer mow this little plot to the ground. A pontoon was sitting in this spot for a several years. When it was moved I just raked some clover seed into the exposed black dirt.

2565025459_ea2eb9d2f9_o.jpg

I haven't been up to see mine in a couple weeks, but they were looking good early and it seems like the rainfall since then has been almost ideal. I need to get up there in the next few weeks for some spraying and mowing, also am hoping to get a new plot ready for fall planting this year.

Wow is it nice to have some rain again.