• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dang I miss MN

Well guys, I have not been on the board for quite some time now since I moved from Aitkin, MN to Sheboygan, WI. The inland fishing stinks around here but I thought you guys would get a kick out of how these eastern cheeseheads ice fish...It goes like this, basically you park as close to the ice as possible then go randomly drill holes within 100 yards of vehical. Put tip-ups in each hole, go back to vehical (still running) and open bottle of cheap whiskey and case of beer. Drink yourself into a stupor and run back and forth all day to check tip-ups. God forbid you actually are outdoors for any portion of your fishing trip. Have not seen anyone jigging yet...too funny.

chiro,
I just moved up to plymouth mn from milwaukee last summer and I can attest to what you say is true about fishing in parts of SE WI. I grew up in SE WI and the fishing doesn't even come close to MN. I do recommend that you make some trips to Sturgen bay for excellent Walleye fishing hard and soft water. Also go up to Gills Rock in Door county for good walleye and Salmom fishing. ooh yea I do miss the Sheyboygan Brats... those were excellent..
I really dig it here in MN and never plan on moving back, however I will always be true to the Packers... Go Pack

Good Luck

I'm with you there, bigminnow. I moved here from Racine 24 years ago and will always be true to the Packers. I can't see how these guys up here can like the Queens choke, after choke, after choke, but oh well. At least they know how to fish.

Sheboygan, eh? I grew up in Aitkin, graduated in 1999, moved to Houston for two years, got sick of TX, moved to Sheboygan for a few months (relatives offered place to stay while job hunting), ended up working/living in Plymouth, MN. I get to go home every weekend to 'ol Aitkin. You're really missing out on some dynamite crappie fishing lately on all the little lakes around here. One thing Sheboygan has going for it is Lake Michigan......I've got a couple fish hanging on the wall from that lake. The walleye fishing isn't bad around the Fond du Lac area, in the summer anyway. Never ice fished in Wisconsin. My cousin from Sheboygan drives to Winnie to catch perch on the ice, so it must not be that good.

Yeah, Lake Michigan has been good to me as well as the trib fishing with the 8 wt. fly rod...many big beautiful salmon. BUT, I am dying for a nice little crappie hole and dreaming of those Blind Lake Crappies (Aitkin Co). Oh well the wife and I have pretty much decided to follow through with the original plan...pay off some debt and move back to Aitkin in 2-4 years. No disrespect to Sheboygan though, for a city of 50 k it is very homey feeling and the people are great.

I lived in MN for my first 39 years. The only thing I miss about it is the fishing. You cannot beat the fishing anywhere, anytime. I did not like having to pay for shelter lic, portable lic, trailer lic, six times higher vehicle lic, etc, etc. I love being able to buy my beer at a grocery store or gas station anytime I want. It took me a few years to go with the Pack, but Favre finally got to me. Anyway, when I lived in MN, by three fourths through the football season I was looking for another team to root for as I was so PO'd at the Vikes coach's. I really love both states now.