• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Z-7

Bassman55

My dad and I have finally got to do some real fishing out of his new Nitro Z-7. I was very impressed. We upgraded from an '81 Skeeter so anything would have been better, but I have fished out of quite a few newer, bigger boats going no-boat in tournaments so I did have something to compare it to. We were out on Saturday in the strong winds and stayed almost completely dry. I ran about 40mph in some pretty choppy stuff and had forgot to strap the rods on the front deck down. They didn't even bounce at all. I was also impressed with the trolling motor. We had a 65# MK on our 15.5'Skeeter and only went up to an 82# MG. It is not underpowered at all. I don't want to start an aurgument over which brand is better, but I'll nevere be buying a MK again. We did do some prop adjustments on the MG to make it more weedless though. All in all I am very pleased with the boat. By the way the first bass my dad caught out of his new boat went a little over 5lbs so he started out good.

We got a 150 opti on it. My dad said that he got it up to 64 mph but I wasn't with him. We had a good day on saturday, but no, it doesns't catch more fish than the old one, but it is more comfortable to fish out of.

Thats prety darn good for a 150 hp Sounds like a real nice boat. Have fun and may yout livewells be always full.

I get 60mph out my Yamaha prov 150, on a Dynatrak boat 63 on a cold day. Nitro and Dynatrak are simular boats