• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

dipping other baits in Gulp Alive

I bought a tub yesterday and I see a warning on the back not to dip non gulp baits into the liquid. If I dip mr twisters into the tub is there going to be a toxic reaction? Has anyone tried soaking traditional plastics and what where the results? I don't want to ruin a $20 tub, but I would also like to get as much use out of that liquid as possible.

thanks

Two months ago I purchased a spray bottle of Gulp Alive. I poured it into the plastic contain I keep baits in during a tournament and added some plastics. The plastics I added are the Christopherson's Bait plastics ( bass guys will know what I'm referring to) I've been doing this for years with other scents like Fish Formula and such. So far the Gulp has not reacted negatively to the container or plastics. So I will use this set-up this year.

Sorry to Hi-jack, but...

Wayne, How do you like the Christopherson's baits? I have been looking at picking up a couple big bags of soft plastic sticks as I burn through them in the summer. Are they most comparable to the Senko, Comida, or Dinger in terms of feel and weight? Are they pretty durable?

As for dipping others in the juice, it is not recommended by the Pure Fishing guys. But why do they make rules if they aren't supposed to be broken?

I think its alittle promotional too becuase it is such a gerat scent they dont want you to put it on other lures that aren't from pure fishing because it will make those lures better! I think that plays alittle into it too.

I've taken the 6" crawlers and add them to Gulp Alive leech container. In fact, any gulp I've used in the past I have taken out of the bags and put in the same container as the

Alive, have had good luck so far with the crawlers on spinners.

Polar...

It's the Christopherson plastic baits that I soak in Gulp Alive or Fish Formula. Seems to work. The plastics from Dana have good weight put not the flexability of Comida's.