• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

crappies beware ::: the Angel Eye Dropper spoon is hitting the water tonight!!!

grab da net

I've got a Pink and white AE Jr. that I rigged up with a 3" dropper (single glow hook with glow and gold 4mm beads on the dropper) that I'm going to try out tonight.

The Crappins on this little lake have been pretty finicky lately, and I'm hoping this is going to be the ticket.

Sorry to say I can't brag up my modified angel eye yet. As usual I had to switch to smaller ice fly's to hook only 2 crappies.

I tried out the bio-bait and caught one on that, and one on the berkely power bait wigglers that look like little waxies.

The Berkely power wigglers seem to be a pretty fish catching alternative to live waxies. Any one else have good luck with them.

I use the Power Bait Wigglers every once in a while for perch. I have had good success at early ice using power bait. I tried using power bait on Friday because I was out of bait. But I couldn't get them to take it. Then I quick ran to get some wax worms and minnows and as soon as I put the line down I had a fish on and I had a successful morning after that. So I think Berkley Power Bait has it's place but you can't beat the real thing.