• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First Pics with new lense.

Well I finally got done sorting through all the bad images and found a few acceptable ones. These were taken with 100-400L in AV mode on my Canon XTi. Gonna take me a few trips to get used to this thing.

Duck-1.jpg

Don't pay attention to the horrible clone job I did. I will have to fix later on.

squirell-2.jpg

squirell.jpg

wood-pecker-2.jpg

wood-pecker.jpg

It's a good start, Paul. You've got some sharp images there. There definitely is a learning curve, particularly in holding the focus point on target with a longer, heavier lens. You'll get used to that in no time.

The mallard drake is sweet.

I agree with Steve. The learning curve with the 100-400 is larger that any other lens I've owned (still working on it!) but the effort is definitely worth it! Great start!