• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I cannot locate the grease zerks on 2005 PoPo 500 HO

Walleyeguy32

I have a Polaris 2005 500 ho limited edition. I have looked for the zerks on the axel and shaft so I can grease them, but I cannot find them! Anyone know how many there are and where they might be?

It only has 360 babied miles, nothing fast or bumpy on it in those miles.

Might put it up for sale here to trade in on a Polaris Rzr. Any reviews on them at all?

Thanks fellas

Yep, jltimm is right, no greasing.

The RZR is great if you like to sit on the ground and 1" from the passenger. grin.gif

Actually I never rode one, just my observations when looking at them at the dealership. Besides that, I think they are over-priced for what it is, but that's my opinion.

I am going to have to reluctantly disagree with your findings on the Rzr.

I am 275 and my father is a good 200lbs, we test drove one last weekend and there was a good 1 1/2 feet between us.

I agree on the low to the ground complaint but that can be resolved by upgrading the tires.

No offense Roofer and thanks for your thoughts.

Well, it is 50" wide. How wide are your shoulders? do the math. Compare the seat height to a Rhino or Teryx, see who is sitting in the mud.

Not trying to say it's a bad machine, because it is a BAD-&%$ machine. \:\) Just pointing out some things.

My shoulders are more broad than most fellas. I saw no issues at all with room between me and my father. Now how often would you be riding with two above average guys? Not very.

I am not going to argue this.

2005 Polaris has 3 grease zerks. Check in your owners manual page 71 if you don't believe me. One each down low on the inside of front ball joint. These are hard to see. You can usually feel them. Third one is the rear propeller shaft (driveshaft) toward the rear axle. If you lift the machine up slightly these are easier to spot. Propeller shaft yoke should get 3 pumps and the ball joints should also get lubed every 500 miles. I grease mine everytime I clean it or after riding in any amount of water. In addition Polaris has now installed grease fittings on the A arms on the newer models. I'd love to have a RZR. All reports I have seen say everybody really likes em. 50" is only 2" wider than a Sportsman.

Roofer.. Not speaking for everyone on the forum here but I think alot of us would enjoy and benefit more from your feedback AFTER you get back from your comparison test drives of the RZR,Rhino and the Teryx. It could be like a "Rode Reports" kind of thing, that would be pretty cool!! \:D

WG-32, sorry we kind of got off your topic there a bit! Polaris did eliminate the majortiy of the grease fittings because they changed mostly to greasless polyurethane bushings at the crucial pivot points. Near as I could find, the only ones I see are the ones on the drive shaft and there should also be one in the center of the lower control arm of the rear suspension on your particular machine. This was a big help for the consumer considering the 98 Sportsman 500's had I believe over 20 grease fittings!!! grin.gif

Originally Posted By: NAMASafetyDirector
Roofer.. Not speaking for everyone on the forum here but I think alot of us would enjoy and benefit more from your feedback AFTER you get back from your comparison test drives of the RZR,Rhino and the Teryx. It could be like a "Rode Reports" kind of thing, that would be pretty cool!! \:D

Just so you know, I was being sarcastic.

I went and looked at every side by side today at the ATV Fair. I didn't ride them because I didn't bring a helmet with me. The Teryx by far looked the toughest and just looked bigger and stronger than the others. I sat in and looked at a RZR. I am 5'10" and it felt little. There is roughly 3" between the seats.

Pretty cool, eh?? grin.gifwhistle.gif

I just bought an '04 500 ho, are we talking the same on this model as spoken here above in the postings?

I haven't recieved the owner's manual yet from the previous owner, just wondering...thanks

04 will be different. Should have many more grease zerks. Just look for them at all the moving suspension parts or better yet check with a dealer they will show you. There were a lot of changes to the 2004 1/2 model and more to the 2005 and newer. Pull the wheels off if you can and they should be easy to see.

another dumb question....is there 1 or 2 oil drain plugs on a '04 500??? if there are 2, where are they located? thanks

is there an online version of an owner's manual to be found anywhere?