• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

camera store

It's cool to talk about which stores we prefer. We just don't post the actual Web site or a link or other direct contact info unless they are site advertisers or sponsors. Everybody on the site these days knows how to do an online search for a specific store, so that's easy enough. grin.gif

For the last four years I've done all my photography business online with Canoga Camera, out in California. They have the lowest, or among the lowest, prices off all the reputable online stores I've checked out, and their service has been excellent.

Plus, since I do so much business 2nd Day Air shipping, the time difference helps. If they receive an order before 2 p.m. their time, which is Pacific time, they ship the same day. That means if I make an order by noon my time I'll get it in two days. If I make the same order at noon with one of the online stores on the East Coast, it takes an extra day because the times I've ordered from the they usually don't get it shipped the same day unless I make the order first thing in the morning.

A small matter, perhaps, but one that I like.

Any of the bigger online stores will do you just fine. And of course just to repeat advice often given: If the price looks too good to be true, it is, and those who go that route tend to be caught up in a whirlpool of dissatisfaction and occasionally outright fraud.

I second Canoga and B and H. I just got my new lense in the mail today from Canoga. It was so over packed that when I opened the box, peanuts flew everywere. It looked like a snow storm. One of the other posters here mentioned a site called resellarratings. Do a search there also to check out other peoples reviews of vendors.

And a really good piece of followup advice is to take the names of all the sites mentioned in this thread as being reliable and compare prices. Because you have testimonials from experienced people that all the sites are good, just take the lowest combo price for the camera and shipping among those sites and pull the trigger.