• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

This forum really taking off!!!

why is this site so quiet? if no other forum was active i always new i could come here. is everyone busy studying, getting ready for the weather, spring or what? me im working??????

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know its funny last time someone asked that question this forum went crazy. blush.gifgrin.gif

I have a question about tackle. My Dad is giving my boys all his fishing equipment, grin.gif old lures ect. Some a little rusty,and some are older then I am and I dont want to part with them. I dont have any pictures because they are still at his house. But can those old hooks on the lures be replaced? Lisa you and Tami should do a post on restoring old lures. Some are those big wooden lures

DeeDee, yes those old rusty hooks can be replaced. i think any good sized tackle store would carry them. i bought my replacement hooks at cabelas. those real old lures should be kept for anything but fishing.

Sorry Glenn I accedently hit the edit button on your last post. - crazy.gif

DeeDee - hang on too those old lures, they really could be worth ALOT of money, some go for as high as 100.00 !!!! It should be preety easy to change out the hooks and clean em up . \:\)

Spring in Minnesota is clean up time !!! \:o Packing winter stuff, taking out summer stuff, garage sales, garage cleaning, making check lists for summer projects, etc. etc. etc. ALL this before opener !!!!! crazy.gif I'm going crazy - how is everyone else doing ?

All this and still trying to get a bit of crappie fishing squezzed in - crazy.gif crazyness I tell ya crazy.gif\:Dgrin.giftired.gif

Hi everyone! What a gloomy, wet, icky day we have going on up here! Oh and let's not forget that there's a chance of snow this weekend! cry.gif I'm glad I got alot of the yard raked this past week. I'm not putting the snow shovels away yet either because then you know how Murphy's Law works! I'll for sure to be shoveling by Sunday, right??

We're heading up to the cabin to get the ice fishing stuff put away and get the boat ready. Lots o' work to do before opener.

DeeDee, if I were you I'd check on some of those lures like these guys said and see if any are worth anything. I think antique lures are really popular and shouldn't be cleaned up to much to keep them more authentic.

I only have a couple weeks left of Spring semester! Yay! I'm still doing very good. I will be taking a class during the Summer session too. That'll be tough when the weather gets nice but I can't slow down now!

Work sent out a letter saying the internet is causing to much interference with daily activities, so that reduces the time I can spend on here. \:\(\:\( Plus I have been busy causing havic on some of the other FM sites. crazy.gifcrazy.gif

Originally Posted By: reelemin

DeeDee - hang on too those old lures, they really could be worth ALOT of money, some go for as high as 100.00 !!!! It should be preety easy to change out the hooks and clean em up . \:\)

I agree with Tami.....don't use them. Hang onto them especially if they are the old wooden or early rapala type. I bought myself a cheap case from an online store to put my hubby's collection in.

lisa, you best get to deer river right away so you can get snowed in there not in carlton. weatherman has 4 different weather warnings out for up north. 8-13inches more headed your way. sorry. we are suppose to get 4-6 inches. we are planning to go up next weekend to take care of business. IFyou do make it over todeer river let me know the conditions, ice etc, would you please? thanks.

I want to see clear blue water, not black ice, I want to see palm trees and fell cool tropical breezes. I want to sit in my patio swing and smell blooming flowers, the barbeque fired up with chicken legs and burgers, maybe a foil package with northern pike, green peppers, onions and a big pat of butter. Potato salad and fresh fruit, ice tea with lemon....................AAAAAACK sick.gif I live in Minnesota! Mamma always told me "you don't always get what you want" Isn't there a song like that somewhere.......oh yeah, the Stones.

Told ya I was getting old. \:D

you know i never thought id ever say this, but yea im sick of this snow. i have 3 sleds and it never snows enough when it suppose to so i can use them. especially the last 3 years.lambjm your not really that old if you listen to them. feel younger then listen to rush or...or maybe i shouldnt go there. good luck be safe with the weather.

I just emailed a friend from Gr. Rapids and she's heard that it's supposed to snow around 6 inches tonight into tomorrow. You'll have to update us tomorrow Barb. The Duluth area is supposed to get 1-2" today and an additional 3-5" overnight. I am not shoveling! mad.gifmad.gif

"Hi everyone! What a gloomy, wet, icky day we have going on up here! Oh and let's not forget that there's a chance of snow this weekend"

right now the snow sounds " not so bad!" we have had 6+ in. of rain in the 24 hrs. half of our town is under water. cry.gif the fire dept is busy trying to pump out flooded basements.i had to pull carpet, and sweep water to the drain; now have fans runing to try to dry out the basement.( and i live on higher ground!) my high point was that i brought the boat home this morning. del

sleep.gif I'm sitting on the shore of open water, sipping a drink with fruit and an umbrella in it, digging my feet into soft sand watching the sun set, with no mosquitos.

cry.gif - aahhhhh - I just woke up cry.gif

Spring time in Minnesota can really s u c k

Originally Posted By: LisaTealz
I just emailed a friend from Gr. Rapids and she's heard that it's supposed to snow around 6 inches tonight into tomorrow. You'll have to update us tomorrow Barb. The Duluth area is supposed to get 1-2" today and an additional 3-5" overnight. I am not shoveling! mad.gifmad.gif

Definitly don't shovel Lisa - refuse to give in - If you don't shovel maybe it didn't happen - \:D

grin.gif

They are closing all of the schools in our area, and cancelling all the activities for the evening. We have to have our two oldest girls into school by 1:00 am to leave for the airport on a school trip to Washington DC. We are all hoping the roads do not get too icy around here.

Thanks for the complement! My daughter loves John Deere, so she had to take a picture in front of the tractor before it headed out to the field. Good thing it was still washed up!