• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Used Lawn Equipment

Hi Folks, I am in the market for a larger (60"+ deck) used lawn mower, I was just wondering if anyone has any info or reccomendations of a good place that sells alot of lawn care equipment. Up north here, we don't have a real big selection of places to deal with. Thanks in advance!

hsolist. hsolist. MachineFinder.com Ironsearch.com Traderonline.com

What exactly are you looking for?? Just a larger zero turn mower?? Tractor style? Sub-compact tractor?

Let me know and I might be able to steer you in a direction that could get you in touch with a couple larger dealers down here around the cities.

I am looking for something to take care of about 4.5 acres of lawn with a few tree rows most of it is all yard though. So basically I am either looking for a front deck 60"plus or I am also considering a smaller compact tractor with a mower and the posibility of adding some attachments (tiller,box blade,snowblower etc.) I guess, I am one of those guys that's kind of picky, I wont know what I want for sure till the right one comes along. (Make any sense??)I am looking to stay in the $4000 range if possible. Anyway that's what I am up too. Thanks in advace for any help, I appreciate it!

Look for some dark paint for your glasses so you won't see the outter 4 acres. Give it a break - plant some native prarie and go natural. You'll love the wildlife you get with all the extra time you have, and have more money because of the fewer gallons of gas you'll need for yard work.

I have worked my A$%^ off the last 13 years since college so I could afford a nice place with some acreage and I take pride in my nicely groomed yard and I would like to keep it that way. My intention with this post was to aquire some legitimate help in finding some lawn care equipment, not for advice on what I should or shouldn't do with the acreage that I have, thanks guys!

For $4,000 you're going to be close to a decent used commercial mower, about $1500 too low yet though.

For a compact tractor, for something in the 24 hp range, you're probably closer to the $8,000 range, unless you can find something that someone doesn't have a value of.

Nowdays with hsolist and hsolist, it's harder and harder to find those "tucked under a cover in the back corner of the garage not moved for 30 years I'll sell it to you for $500" type of deals.