• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring For Sure! (pics)

Got home from work at 3:00, grabbed the cameras and headed to Carey Lake(near Hibbing)the temps today hit 71 degrees here!...I knew things would start "hatching" at that temp...sure enough,I must have seen half a dozen Mourning Cloaks!...and a milberts tortaise shell(no pic though)....Sure is nice to see insects this early!.....Amazing in that a week ago there was 24" of snow!....nature sure rebounds fast! grin.gifplus a quick pic of a ruffed grouse I heard drumming but he spooked as I got closer cry.gif

the "Morning Cloak"

Frame_cloak5.jpg

certainly not the best image but I had to get at least oneimage before he spooked! grin.gif

Frame_P1010754-1copy.jpg

Man, Jonny, I love it! Sweet textures and colors in the butterfly shot.

It's still in the mid 60s here in Ely, my office window is open and a fragrant spring breeze is coursing through the room.

And there's not a lick of that recent 40 inches of snow left in my yard. Ahhhhh, finally! grin.gifgrin.gif