• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Literature on Archery

Since im soo new to this, i have been trying to read a bunch about it, so when i go into ask questions i dont sound so dumb. so my question now is, can any recommend any good books, mags, or anything of the sort that i could read, and check out. not just on shooting but other things such as finding good places to hunt, how to control scent, pretty much a decent a-z on archery and taking animals with a bow

There are various good books to get you started.

The best teacher, though, are the deer.

Start scouting now. Walk in the woods and find some of the worn trails before green up.

The best way to control scent is watching wind direction.

Washing your body with a hunter's soap and washing your hunting clothes in baking soda helps.

Books are good.

You will end up getting other peoples' opinions, though.

A good pro shop will set you up.

Become very intimate with the woods you plan on hunting.

The local library is a good place to start...search Archery in the catalog system, you'll find a number of useful titles. If you want peripheral type material, look for books or articles on the history of archery...the Fred Bear story, or Pope and Young...very interesting how archery was 'rediscovered' in this country. Good luck and good shooting!