• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wet Birds

Plenty of birds out in the rain today. Here are a few shots of some wet birds. All shot with a Canon 30D and a Canon 100-400L or a Canon 70-200L lens. ISO varied from 400 to 800.

Bad hair day

wet.jpg

downy.jpg

downy2.jpg

chick.jpg

house.jpg

Good call on the flash XT. Forgot to mention it. All shots had fill flash with the Canon 580 EX. If I remember correctly, I believe the first 2 came off of the 70-200 and the rest with the 100-400. I used the 70-200 for only a brief time. I wanted to try for a little more shutter speed, but didn't have the range I needed for most shots.

Thanks for all the comments. I was able to stay dry in my living room blind. I have the feeders set up with perches just outside my living room window. Once the surrounding trees green up, I will have better backgrounds to work with. My wife just doesn't like it when I use my blind in the middle of winter, although I think the gas company really likes it. cry.gif