• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

barometer changes?

there are millions of theories on the low pressure theory, and they're all based on the fact that the change in pressure affects a fish's air bladder and thus changes its habits. Low pressure is directly related to changing weather patterns, hence all the snow or rain during "prime"fishing or what have you.

Anything you read in a fishing magazine, video, or HSOforum should be taken with a grain of salt,....test the theories, you can only be sure of what has put fish in your bucket previously.

What I've heard was that High Pressure pushes planton and micro-organisms down to the bottom.

Low Pressure lets them off the bottom thus starting the good ol food chain.

Of course I have no clue if this is true or not. But before and durning sure can be phenomenal.

It was explained to me the opposite. Imagine the barometric pressure being like a glass cieling in the sky and when a low pressure system comes in it drops down low, actually more pressure on us if you will. and a high pressure system it rises higher up in the sky with less pressure on us. You can make a homemade barometer out of a coffee can and plastic wrap , cant remember all the details exactly but when a low front came in the plastic wrap would push down into the can. Great topic though, the weather has allways amazed me the way it can effect fishing. I remember times we would hammer the eyes one day come back the next day same lake, same holes, bait, time, depth etc. and nothing....the only thing that had changed was the weather. How many of you have had the same experience?

[This message has been edited by Iron Cowboy (edited 12-10-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Iron Cowboy (edited 12-10-2003).]