• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Frabill Ranger XLT

Ice Cold

I have an XL Twin that I bought a few years ago. I sure hope they upgraded the bench quality, because mine is very uncomfortable. Fishing more than 2 holes inside the house is also pointless. I would recommend the speed shack instead....I believe the cost is about the same. Having a full floor is much more comfortable and safer. The only advantage of the XLT is if you are planning to move often.

I have used my XLTwin for two years now and I really like it. They did revamp the seats. I have the bench. I rigged a net under the seat to hold my rods - works great. I can pack all of my gear into the unit and I put two large bungee bands over the top from side to side. Be sure to buy the cover. It sets up fast and is very confortable. I do like to move, expecially on LOW. That's the beauty of the XLTwin. Good fishing smile.gif

Nice upgrade with the modular seats. High back swivel seat, very comfy (more comfortable than the bench). Nice fishable footprint too. Frabill's shaks are all price protected...the XLTwin goes for $399...anywhere. Great value..includes the seats...

I've got 'em here...and also offer 10% off live bait till ice out...with purchase of shak or electronics...

------------------
Alexandria Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

I have owned an XLTwin for 3 seasons now. I like it. I have to bank the house more to help keep the heat in the house. It is a little more drafty than the house I had before. If they lengthened the skirt on the new models that will help that problem a lot. The fishing area does get a little crowed with 4 holes, flasher, heater, minnow bucket, and stuff out there. I put the heater in the sled once the house is set up. It's a little heavy for one man to drag very far unless you use a machine. As I get a little older each year dragging the extra weight isn't as appealing. Some of the lakes I fish don't have plowed roads and resorts on them so dragging the house is a reality. Overall I am satisfied with the performance and durability. One thing to watch for is when folding the house back down watch the hinge area where the rods are connected to the sled. If you don't keep the tent clear of the pivot area for the poles they will pinch the tent in there and it will put small holes in the tent.

Ice cold,

I bought one on Sunday. I'm thinking I should have got one with a floor in it because I have a large permanent house and I'm in need of portable ice house that I can use as toilet facility. I paid $399.00 for it. If your interested in buying it and saving some money let me know. I live in Duluth.

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by nunnu (edited 12-10-2003).]