• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Outboard

Twins 57 Fan

I found a nice boat that has a 1997 Tracker 75 hp motor thats made by mercury. Any body have any insight on this motor? The boat is in Mint condition and the guy said he never uses it so I know it has low hours on it.

Help me out if you know anything about it.

Thanks!

That motor is exactly the same as a mercury. Only difference is the stickers and paint on the cowling. My alumacraft has a 98' 115hp mercury with tracker graphics. It looks kinda goofy but it is just a mercury 2-stroke. I would buy it if the deal is right. Good Luck.

I remember there was a period when "force" motors were sold with some kind of tracker/merc hookup. You might want to check that out. A merc is a good motor. Force somewhat less good.

I know a guy with a old Tracker package and he is happy with it. The boat is 10 years old and the motor may need some maintenance work like a pump impeller, filters, etc. If I were going to buy this motor I would have it checked out by a boat mechanic.

The 75 hp merc / mariner is a good motor.. should not be a problem for you, presuming it was stored correctly - if it wasn't you'll have some carb cleaning to do, but won't affect the long term life of the motor.

marine_man