• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

'94 Polaris 300 4x4

Big-Al

Well I took the machine out to plow the latest round and it quit running. I took a look in the tank and was surprised to see that it was empty. Poured a couple gallons in and tried to start it and no go. Towed it into the garage and that is when I noticed that there was a considerable amount of gas running on the ground.

I tore into it and found that the gas was coming from a vent like tube that comes out of the carb. There are actually two tubes, one comes from the top and one comes from the bottom of the carb. They go into a T and the remaining line goes into a check valve looking device and then the line coming out of that is where the gas is coming out. I'm assuming that this should be connected somewhere, but I just can't see where. This is the small vent/overflow type line not the main fuel supply.

As always any help is appreciated. I will post this on the ATV forum also. I sure should get myself a manual but they sure are pricey.

Sound to me like a stuck needle and seat. There is probly some trash in there that isnt allowing them to seal closed. When they cant close gas just runs into the float bowl uncontroled, when the float bowl is full it runs out the overflow on the ground. I would try cleaning the carb and see if that helps, if it doesnt a new needle and seat are probly in order.

Just answered this in the equipment forum. I would do a carb kit and replace the needle and seat. I have the same problem, had the carb cleaned a couple of weeks ago and still have the same problem. Got the kit from a place in Burnsvill for $17.

Yes, they are right. A buddy of mine had the same problem on a '94 400 Polaris. There is also another thread talking about the same type of thing from just a few days ago.

Myself, I don't mess with carbs. the two above can probably fix them in their garage, but I don't touch the things. I just know the symptoms.

Originally Posted By: Roofer
Myself, I don't mess with carbs. the two above can probably fix them in their garage, but I don't touch the things. I just know the symptoms.

I'm like you roofer. I have no clue what I'm looking at. Just know what people who know have told me.