• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eagle shots..

Got a few more shots today on the way home. The sun came out for a little while..not as bright as I'd like it to be. But it's good enough.

Was there for about 5 minutes. The male was screeching at me to get outta here. And he stood there starin' at me, and he looked ANGRY! eek.gif Didn't want to anger it any longer, so I left.

april9nest1.jpg

april9nest2.jpg

april9nest3.jpg

april9nest5.jpg

Nice shots, MD, very nice.

And you definitely did not want brighter light than that in the first image because of the angle. The amount of light is nice in the first one, but stronger sunlight, because it's coming from the top, side and/or slightly from the back, would have produced really hot whites on the edges of the bird's head and very deep shadow in the bird's brown feathers.

That's especially evident in the first photo, where the light comes right up to the edge of being too bright but stops short. I like that lighting best here, better than the almost completely flat light of the final two.

Thanks guys.

It was around 4 p.m. when I took these shots. It was a bit windy up there too. Would like to try go out there earlier in the day, maybe in the morning around 10 am. The sun would be in their face. Problem is that I can't get there till the weekend, when I'm off from work.

I haven't been to the same spot for about 2 weeks. I was hoping there'd be baby eagles already hatched. Nope, not yet. But I'm ready for them when that happens. Hopefully they'll let me stay and watch them feeding the young ones.