• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Legend Lodge Alaska

I guided Illiamna area for 7 years and know the owner and lodge area well. Legend is an entry level lodge in my opinion. On a scale of 1-10 for the area, I'd give it a 2. The lodge is in the best trout/salmon area in North America(in my opinion), and the area has numerous lodges/rivers/lakes to fish. It boils down to how much you want to spend, and what do you want to experience. If your looking for daily flyout trips, legend is not the place for you. If $$$$ is your main concern, then legend will offer you a plain jane/no frills package that may or may not keep you happy. Personally, if this will be the "trip" of a lifetime for you, spend the extra $$ and choose a different lodge. The experience you'll have in the end will more than justify the extra $$$. If you want more info, let me know and I can recommend some nice places to stay. Taz

Actually we went there this past summer and i was incredibly disapointed with the lodge owners themselves, they were just there for the money and happy with it... The brochure is VERY misleading. Yes, the fishing was phenomenal but the poor service made the trip disapointing. I was just wondering if anyone else had been there and had an opinion on the place.

On a scale of 1-10 I give Legend Lodge a solid 7. It may not be a "plush" fishing lodge but it has the best trophy rainbow and salmon fishing in the world.

I disagree with the comments above made by Yukon09. The owner has done a great job with my trips to Lake Iliamna. It has been awesome fishing and we have been taken care of at Legend Lodge.

Tazimna,

I would certainly like to hear any recomendations you may have. I am in the first stages of planning a Silver Salmon flyfishing trip. Thinking summer of 09. I would like to do the fly out and stay along rivers in a decent lodge or outfitter style tent. I am open to options. I want great service and great guides. let me know if you have any sugestions.

Thanks,

Bushwac

Yukon, who were your guides? what did you think about how the lodge was finished? I have quite a bit of experience with the owner and the lodge its self. There are alot of good and bad points about the lodge. Just seeing if you got a bad guide or what about the trip was bad.

BUSHWAC....if you are specifically looking for silvers....and you are interested in big silvers I would fish Kodiak Island. It has runs with fish that honestly get into the low 20 lbs frequently. A lot of numbers too.