• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"A good Morning!" pics

jonny_redhorse

man were the birds and beasts out this morning!....took a ride down hwy #7 to the "minnesota tundra" and saw dozens of hawks...no close ups though...and other creatures once again....hope they all find shelter when the "big snows" hit us tonight grin.gif...

young eagle off hwy #7 waiting for me to get out of his way to continue at the deer kill! grin.gif

Frame_DSCN1020-1copy.jpg

northern shrike sitting on the lines right off hwy#7 to bad the phone lines are in the way \:\(

Frame_DSCN1015-1.JPG

I spotted 4 sandhill cranes in a field....

Frame_DSCN0976-1.JPG

and the single sandhill...

Frame_DSCN0978-1.JPG

lone sharptail "clucking" away in a dead tree along hwy 7

Frame_DSCN0997-2.JPG

a gray jay....

Frame_P1010419-1.JPG

hawk waiting for his lunch!...image taken about 250 yards

Frame_DSCN0992.JPG

robins were everywhere!

Frame_P1010404-1.JPG

deer were everywhere this morning!

Frame_P1010426-2copy.jpg

Nice shots Jonny. I took a run down to Perham yesterday, wish I had a camera. 1000's of ducks and geese, dozens of hawks, several eagles, cranes, and even 4 turkeys. Sure was a nice day for a ride, gotta love this time of year.

Wow, johnny lots of great shots. I haven't been down that way in weeks. My car bit the dust and I am waiting for it to get fixed, hopefully in the next day or two. Looks like the bog is really hopping right now.

Thanks guys!....Yes Steve,the eagle was digiscoped....guessing at close to 60-70 yards or so and maybe a little more(tough to guess sometmes)....just happened I focused the scope just right and found the "sweet spot"....I'm continually refocusing between shots and only when I get my images dumped into the card reader do I find out how good a job I did focusing with the digiscope.....more are blurry then are clear for sure!...take plenty of shots is the digiscoping answer!....usually a few turn out pretty decent and a little "tweeking" in photoshop and picasa gives it the image the final sharpness.....eagles usually end up pretty good as they stay quite still grin.gif