• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ring Neck Duck

Went on a a little drive this morning to catch some of the golden light. It sure is spring. Everywhere I looked there were birds of all kinds.

Here is my favorite from the morning.

20080405Birds_4719copy_1.jpg

I hope you enjoy!

Have a pic of my ringer on the waterfowl forum but the bulge doesn't really show up in the photo. When I first got it back from the taxidermist, I was not real happy until I did a search and found many photos like the one so nicely presented here. Nice shot.

Thanks guys,

Yeah they do look different from the front with the crown up like that. They are my favorite diving duck. Just a beautiful bird all around. I was glad to get this image, I think it's kind of neat.

I was out the other night and spotted a nice pair on the river so I planned a sneak attack. I crawled on my knees and elbows about 75 yards behind some tall grass. Just as I was getting in a good spot a couple cars drove by, one went real slow so the birds got nervous and flew. I was not a happy camper.

Thanks again for the nice comments.

mcary,

Thanks alot. I just got a D80 last weekend and most of my recent shots have been with that. I didn't think it would make that much of a difference but I've been real happy with the results.

Thanks again