• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mirrors????????????

Ryan_V

anyone have mirrors on their atv??? My dad wants to get one for ours for when he is trail riding. I have a cat 700. not sure if I want to get a cat mirror, or an aftermarket such as a mad dog, etc.

what do you guys have and what do you recommend??? one that goes on the end of the handle bar, on the bar, on the rack...etc

thanks!!!

Is it really needed?? I mean, does anyone ever follow a Cat? ;\)

J/K,

Is there a spot for one on the bars? On the Kawi's there is a screw in on the bars that will hold a motorcycle mirror. I have heard that it's a 10MM. Google motorcycle mirrors for some ideas. There are many different ones to look at. I would get something like that if it were me, because if they are too small, you won't see very well anyways with shaking vibrations, turning and such.

I would only recommend mirrors if you were going to be someplace where you could legally ride your machine on the streets and mirrors would then be a requirement. Atleast on a Class I machine. I wouldn't use them on the trails in MN because the trails for a Class I ATV are usually narrower.

Trails for Class II ATV's are generally more open and mirrors won't break off from low hanging braches or narrow trails. Class II machines also have other options for mounting the mirrors within the ATV and not out in the open.

I have mirrors that came with my windshield/fairing. I really like knowing who is behind me. After getting used to them it would be hard to ride without em. Mine do get in the way and get bumped from time to time, but I haven't knocked them off yet and I do ride some pretty rough trails. The ones that go in the end of the bars look like they would get in the way. The others I might try are built into the brush guards that mount on your handlebars. I ride with a guy that has them. They work good.