• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-inย or Sign-Upย .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.ย ๐Ÿ˜€

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
poorbiker

Hand held sonar

Got a question about the hand held sonar's such as Marcum LX-i. Are these any good? Can't afford the Vexilar at this time but was wondering if it was worth buying one of these.

They will show you structure and depth but not the fish andnot the fish takeing the jig. Look around there may be someone upgrading from the fl8 to the 18 and you could get a good but for just a little more.

right on if you are going to buy a hand held unit look for a used vex first far more handy in my opinion. I have a hand held and I still use my vex/marcum first I haven't ever been overly impressed with the hand held units.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

I was just thinking the same thing. I was thinking of buying a Vex but stumbled across this new machine called the Hawkeye under the Cabelas HSOforum. I read further on that this tracks fish and bottom at real time which means you could be looking at fish that were once there a minute before. Also, lure presentation is not able to be viewed. I think I will just end up going for the proven Vex.

Chuckster